Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare
Secret Ink is a UK based custom tattoo, body piercing and laser removal studio in the city of Truro, Cornwall. Our aim is to create a business that changes public opinion of tattoo studios and the traditional tattoo parlour. We want to show bespoke tattooing as a credible art-form, with a studio that is run in a friendly and highly professional way that is accessible to all. Secret Ink is dedicated to raising the standards and reputation of a custom art-form that has too-long existed in back streets and basements. We are determined to provide a safe, friendly customer focused environment, where quality and integrity are paramount. We aim to provide our customers with sound and ethical advice, be they tattoo ‘life-stylists’ or getting their first piece of body-art. We aim to inspire the customer to exceed their own expectations and assist them in creating a bespoke piece, of personal meaning, in standing with the significance of the tattoo experience.
The following notes are important, please read them carefully.
- If the skin has not broken, a dry sterile dressing can be placed over the treated area to protect it.
- The area will become raised and feel hot, it can be cooled with the use of a cold compress or an ice pack. Do not apply ice directly to the skin as this can cause a burn.
- As long as the skin is unbroken cooling products such as Aloe Vera gel can be used to give relief to the sunburn type feeling of the treated area.
- A thin layer of an antiseptic cream can be used if your skin is broken to help protect from any infection.
- E45 cream, Aloe Vera gel or Vaseline can be used to relieve the itching which normally occurs 3 – 5 days after the treatment.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun for 2 months after the procedure. If it is necessary to be in the sun, a sunscreen with SPF 25 or greater must be used.
- Some people develop blisters, crusts, or scabs within 8-72 hours, which may last for 1-2 weeks or more. The treated areas may be pink or pale after the scab separates. Blistering is common and is likely to occur 8 hours after your treatment. Do not be alarmed, blisters heal very well and are part of the normal healing process. Blisters indicate your immune system is healing the area and beginning to remove the ink from your tattoo. It is natural for blisters to pop, and this helps the skin to heal faster in many cases.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing
- Whilst Healing
- Avoid restrictive clothing around the treated area.
- Avoid using perfume, body lotions, or make up on the treated area.
- Avoid hot baths or continuous soaking, leave at least 2 hours before showering.
- Avoid heat treatments such as saunas and steam rooms for at least 2 months, as your skin will be more photosensitive.
- Avoid swimming.
- Avoid lying in the sun or using sun beds.
- Do not pick at any scabs.
- Do not burst any blisters.
- Avoid allowing the area to become scrapped or knocked, especially during exercise.
If the area looks infected (honey coloured crusting and oozing or spreading redness), if you experience an unusual discomfort or bleeding, if any other complications develop, or if you have any questions or concerns, contact us immediately or seek medical advice.
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare Cream is available from our Truro studio